Tuesday 21 October 2014

The Looming Darkness.

Owls hooted,
As the sun hurried west to rest--
Long its eye had closed.
World insects chorused their taunting songs,
Whilst to roost fowls retired;
Women from shambas;
Men from chang'aa dens;
Boys from cattle fields;
And girls with meals from mills,
All sighed with relief:
Another boring day was ebbing...

Streaming with companions,
The path reminded me,
Of the adventurous journeys we made-- in angles;
Trees around echoed our vows, made with glee...
Oh, those blissful days my love,
Left behind:
Remain a false sense of hope!

A cold welcome I received from the guard of my privacy,
The tongue-tied souls therein battled with silence--
Puzzled...
My roaring appetite waned,
Soon a mountain of Ugali before me was put,
At the thought of you...

And off went the lantern,
After a bloodless battle with the wind.
The loud silence sent a cold shiver down my spine;
The cold whacked me, like a refugee in an open tent,
Whilst searching for you, in the empty space,
For warmth, and to feel your pulses...

No comments:

Post a Comment