Tuesday 21 October 2014

Singing for My Beloved.


You went never to return,
Too soon like a criminal on the run.
With you vanished my light:
Plunging me into an empty eternal night,
Pregnant with haunting nightmares...

In the storm away you sailed:
To white highlands yonder,
Where fresh and cool is air,
You make merry in the friendly atmosphere;
Whilst I forcifly inhale volumes of lead!

Whilst at the shore we kissed, farewell,
Little did I know of my sentence to hell,
So on a wet stone,
Sick and weary I sat alone:
Watching the ocean swallow your ship,
Tears stung my eyes, as pain lashed on me the whip...

Oh, daughter of my in-law,
Of the flowers you sowed,
Who will water and tend them?
The home we sweat to erect--
Now under siege,
Who will guard it?

As cold winds blow wildly,
Away they take your scent steadily,
Inciting tides to turn:
Turbulent times return,
My tear glands burst,
Like water pipes heavily pregnant,
And forth come rivers--
Forming lakes; further separating us...

No comments:

Post a Comment