Tuesday 2 December 2014

Broken.

Amidst the wind of time,
On a golden chariot:
You retired, behind leaving only the name,
I sing, day and night;
To remain sane...


Your last hasty kiss,
Away sucked my breath.
Your cold faulty hands,
Out squeezed my life; thus ruining my health,
Thence I've never seen the sun...

You robbed me,
Of the only possession-- the word;
When love in you I craved to see,
Whilst singing my people's most revered ballad,
On lone paths...
Upon disengaging...

Forsaken,
Emaciated,
I no more walk in the rain;
Which, once we loved,
Oh, I can be carried by kumukhula!

The spirit of a love cherished,
Born, but dried before dawn:
Haunts me all night.
Little lovely Loyce, wherein,
You opted to save my joy,
Is the haven I'll live journeying to...

*kumukhula-- torrent

No comments:

Post a Comment