Tuesday 11 November 2014

Deserted.

[for she whom I met, but lost before we could mate, Divvinah]

A whisper into my auditory window,
A tinge to a heart so pale,
A laudable surprise for a loner,
Were the best I earned;
Upon craving for ages...

That cold evening,
The warm embrace,
The unexpected kiss,
The rhythm of a feminine breath,
On my grasshopper-like chest:
Was all.
Just that!

See?

The ground has between us broken,
Our linkage filled by narrow a void,
Forever, you're nowhere for me;
Yet every sun I see you:
Incessantly chatting and chattering,
With dubious devils!

The moon has died in our midst,
We see each other no more.
But again I wanna see your face;
Your assuring metallic smile,
Not the cool emptiness before me!

Endalo emalilisi yekhima kimisala kiosi kimiukhanga
[all trees become slippery on a monkey's last day]
Damn I'm the accursed monkey!
I scream at you;
But your auditory windows-- thick-waxed,
Hear not,
I sing my roots' best ballads;
But you can't even wriggle your big buttocks!

I've opted to a mask wear,
To smile when I'm to frown,
To laugh when I'm to shed big waters,
To cower when I'm to strike,
To patiently wait, whilst dying of impatience,
Oh-ho-ho-ho
Dove, do you even look at me?
I am the faeces left behind,
Still warm and fresh though...

I write thousands of epistles,
They for ages lie unread, unanswered...
I'm busy chasing a shadow,
Leading me not into a meadow,
But khushangalamwe!
(a dry bare land).

Can't you see me again?
The last time perhaps,
Quench my thirst,
Wipe my worry...
I've no treasure marks on my body,
But I can be your donkey,
If I ever find peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment