Monday 23 June 2014

The Witch.

I love hating her like shit,
The engorged jigger in my toe:
Slows my race to fortune.
I am by-passed by continental snails,
By the roadside weeping;
My feet swollen and painful...

She's cushioned herslf,
On her lord's head.
The bug whines nights on end,
Whilst she tightens her grip,
In the rain he dissolves;
In the blazing sun he melts,
To realize suicidal dreams...

By the road she sits,
Thighs apart:
Selling honey to those with eyes to buy,
A halt to admire God's art,
Elicits infatuational violence...

***
My penis she ruined,
Plunged into impotence;
I missed a score--
In the matrimonial pitch,
My lover I failed!
So with the wind of lust, she vanished.
I sit on a scrotum engorged,
With something unfathomable--
Giving doctors nightmares!

This evil woman,
Wastes her life busy crippling mine.
It worries her to know,
It shines on my path.
She's eternally on a starvation diet;
Supplicating to gods evil.
On the ground are her elephant ears;
Thirsty for good bad news!

I cry; she laughs,
I starve;she feasts,
I am a grass; she is a pig,
That way should be life,
She prays...

***
The sun has tired, and retired.
Into nests fowls have retired.
In the luring moonlight,
Lovers play on wet grass--
Bowing and arrowing...
Unperturbed by painful bites of ants.

We have converged for a dance,
Drinks, gossip and free women:
To ease the gnawing woes of the sun...
But with nudity she's armed,
For an Olympic night race,
In my homestead...

(c) Wafula P'Khisa.

No comments:

Post a Comment